Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Making sure 2015 is your best year yet: Day 8 - Taking time for you (PAMPERING!!)

As hard as it may be for some of you to believe, I was actually quite a tom boy growing up. I think I really only began to discover the girl in me, as I started University and then suddenly i graduated and joined an army of professional woman dressed head to toe in fitted suits, high heals and glamorous jewellery. 

There was no way my flat shoes and orthopaedic running shoes were going to make it very far, not to mention my love for baggy clothes. 

However, before I could really transform, I needed to learn to deal with my nails, my hair, my skin and everything in between - and ladies you know all the things I am referring to. 

So with that I emerged into my first spa related experience and from that point on there has been no turning back. I LOVE GETTING MY NAILS, HAIR AND ALL ELSE DID. I am a slave to the beauty pampering world and am likely a sales persons dream. Walk me into the spa for a massage and walk me out with a massive bag of creams, fat burning techniques and nail growing oils. I AM OBSESSED. And for no other reason other than the fact that I love that all these places I go to allow me to shut out the rest of the world and just enjoy some calm and serenity time. 

ITS MY ME TIME. Well one of my me time like activities and I am simply at a loss with out it. It's this time that lets me recharge, re energize, rethink and just relax. And what better way to start off YOUR BEST YEAR YET than with a day, a week, a moment of just you time. Doing what you need to just relax. It will give you a chance to just clear your mind and really allow the important things to float back in. It will make designing your yearly goals THAT MUCH EASIER. 

So as I head off to my slumber and count the minutes to when I get to get my nails did tomorrow, think about how you can carve out some of that you time. CANCEL THOSE DINNER PLANS AND JUST MAKE A DATE FOR YOU AND YOUR BAD SELF :)

To typing with manicured nails, 

- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment