Monday, January 12, 2015

Making sure 2015 is your best year yet: Day 12 - Your image

It's no secret. I was a fat kid and I am not afraid to admit it. I have battled not only with my weight but my image my whole life. And the older I get and the more serious I get about my career, the more I realise the importance of taking some time to re-evaluate the clothes in my closet, my hair style, my make-up, my behaviour, actions, and everything else in between. 

I know it sounds like a girl just being an everyday girl. But you have no idea how important it is to consider your image and what you are portraying out in the world. While your attitude and actions are one thing, so is the way you carry yourself - it is all one package. One massive package that everyone sees. 

So how do you want people to perceive you? And more importantly, how do you want to see yourself?

For me, moving to London has been this blank slate of creativity to reinvent myself and really just figure out who I want to be and what I want my image to stand for. I spend countless hours weeding through magazines and people watching just to take it all in and allow it to simmer in this creative head of mine. And it feels fabulous getting closer and closer to that woman I want the world to see. 

So while your goals and objectives for making this year your best will be critical, so will be your image, since after all it is your image and what you put out to the world that will help you achieve everything that you desire. 

So what are you waiting for? Start today, start weeding through those clothes and looking in the mirror and watching your actions and putting it all together to become the image that you want to give to the world. 

- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment